TIPS FOR REDUCING BACK PAIN
- Exercise regularly to improve muscle strength, mobility and flexibility.
- Only take up sport or activity suited to your fitness level – don’t overdo it.
- Always warm up and stretch before you exercise.
- When lifting heavy or awkward items, always bend and lift with your knees.
- Carry all heavy objects close to your body – holding them away invites back injury.
- Beware of posture when sitting.
- If you work at a desk, make sure your desk is at elbow height, your monitor is at eye level and you are sitting with knees slightly lower than your hips.
- Avoid carrying heavy bags on one shoulder, overloaded backpacks or briefcases.